processing payments & creating accounts

Interface problems, Payment issues or have a question that doesn't fit in any other category? Post here!

Moderators: Technical Support, Admins

processing payments & creating accounts

Postby ZeroFK » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:10 am

When purchasing a membership through the online credit card page please remember that all payments have to be handled manually. These payments are usually processed within 24 hours, but can take up to 48 hours.

Note that a payment through postal mail will take longer than this because of the time it takes to receive the check or money order.

If you create a trial account prior to paying, the payment will be processed more easily and quickly, which benefits both you and everyone who paid after you. To create a trial account log in as guest, and at the command prompt type /register. After that just follow the instructions.

If you already have one or more accounts (active or not) whose details do not match the data you entered on the credit card site, this can cause a delay in processing the payment. Again, the best course of action is to set up a trial account before paying, or contacting an online admin to change the details of your old account.
Stupidity is not a Virtue
ZeroFK

previous members...

Postby nimzowitchsystem » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:35 pm

hi...

i'm stoopid and used to be a member on the older chess.net site...my handle was and still is Nimzowitschsystem and my password was XXXX....but now it wont recognize me and seem to have lost my not to crazy rating...how can i be a member still...i used to be one...

thx
nimzowitchsystem

Postby Box Brother » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:09 pm

check my answer here
Box Brother

Re: processing payments & creating accounts

Postby cristi » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:33 am

The topic is from 2005. Now all payments are automatic.

Any problems regarding payment can be reported to support @@ chess.net
cristi
Site Admin

Return to Assistances